Sunday, February 19, 2017

MTC - Week #8: I'M STOOOOOOOOKED!!!!!

Dear people of the world,

What happened on the following days?:
Wednesday -

Here is the zone shimaitachi. We did skype TRC  and it went really well. It got to a point where Seeman Shimai was looking for a scripture, so I had to keep the conversation going. That was rough, but we did it. That night, all the Shimai came into our room and we went into theirs and we borrowed clothes! It was so fun!

Thursday -

Happy Thanksgiving!! I borrowed Zundell Shimai's dress. We sang Come Thou Fount. We sang the Mormon Tabernacle Choir version that led me to want to conduct them. It was super awesome. Elder Andersen came and spoke to us. It was super awesome because we got to the part of Thankgiving traditions and he talked about the football game. He said "well you guys have to work, but I served my mission, so I am going to be watching some football this afternoon!" It was so funny. I love when the General Authorities come and speak to us. It is so different because they are way more chill. We ate turkey and we got to make bag meals for families without food. Collectively the MTC made over 350000 meals! WOOH! Go team!


This is how we study. No shoes, a crap ton of books and candy, all curled up in these big chairs. It's pretty nice. We studied a lot on Friday!

Saturday -

We did Secret Santa as a district because we don't get to celebrate Christmas together. I get an elder from Hawaii so I made him a card and I got him a temple recommend cover with the Hawaii temple on it :) He had me too! He got me a picture of the Portland Temple and wrote me a really sweet card too. it was an awesome night full of laughter and love. I love these missionaries.




Sunday -
It snowed!!!!


And it was beautiful! I didn't have to speak #しゅくふく (#blessing)

Monday -

It snowed all day! Shout out to my mama for buying my an awesome coat, sweater, and boots to keep me warm! It was so beautiful!!!
I wore my boots and Elder Bennion, going to Sapporo wore his too! So we took some pics. He is hilarious!!


Tuesday -


Took some pictures in the snow with my comp. it was beautiful. This might have been on Tuesday, but it was snowy and pretty both days! So there!
We taught Fuchino san and challenged him to be baptized, and though we butchered the invitation, he said he would think about it :)


What has been your biggest challenge this week?
The reality that I am leaving this place. The fear is real, but I have decided that I am more excited than scared!

What has been your biggest concern?
Packing. I just got to make sure it doesn't weigh too much but I am doing good thus far!

What has been your biggest success?
I finished the Book of Mormon and I found out for myself. It's true.

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?
My mama. The warm clothes are straight the most helpful thing ever.

What are you looking forward to this coming week?
Eh not much. It's going to be a pretty dull week. I mean, I guess leaving for Japan on Monday is pretty exciting. I guess. I'M STOOOOOOOOKED!!!!!

How has your testimony grown this week?
The Book of Mormon is true. The Holy Ghost is real.

I love you all!!!!!

ヘス・姉妹 🇯🇵💛

No comments:

Post a Comment