Sunday, February 19, 2017

MTC - Week #6: A Selfie a Day Helps People Remember What You Look Like

What happened on the following days?:
Wednesday - 
We went to the temple. We did laundry. We just got stuff done! Yay! And we taught our last TRC (Teaching Resource Center). We teach in Japanese to members. We talked about the miracles that come though prayer in the Book of Mormon. Tonight, we do it over skype. Eek!

Thursday -
image1.JPG
A selfie a day helps people remember what you look like! I'm attempting to do that!! I don't really remember what we did. The time here is seriously so weird.  It I know it was awesome! 

Friday -
image2.JPG
We hung out. No lessons. No nothing. We just sat and read our scriptures and enjoyed each other's company. And studied Japanese!!

Saturday -
We taught Suzuki san. We taught him about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We compared it to a chalkboard. We wrote down mistakes and bad choices on the board in our sketchy hiragana. Then we told him that the eraser was the Atonement and that HE needed to use it to wipe away his sins. He got us and one by one, erased the mistakes. It was awesome and the Spirit was so strong. 

Sunday -
image5.JPG
Sunday, as always, was awesome!! The devotional was all about working with the Spirit. I loved it!!

Monday -
We taught Fuchino san. We felt that we should introduce the Atonement to him because that was next in the plan of salvation lesson and he had asked about baptism. So we used the same analogy and I think Sanderson Kyōdai (our teacher who acts like our investigator) came out a little bit. He kind of laughed. But we have been working on helping him feel the Spirit. He said that he felt it!! He is interested in being baptized and he is going to come to all of church! Jeez I love this work!!!

Tuesday -
image3.JPG
We planned out TRC lesson for tonight. 
OH! So quick story. I was feeling like I hadn't gotten a letter in forever, again, times moves weird, it was probably only two days.  My companion was getting lots of packages and the other sisters in my district were getting letters and packages. I was just feeling sorry for myself. But Monday night, I said a prayer and asked for just one letter. Just a simple "hi we love you!" I walk to lunch the next day, and our DL, Elder Yagi, hands me ELEVEN pages of one dearelders letter from my mom. And the first line, from my amazing mama, was "I was going to put this in your package, but I felt I should send it now..." GOD HEARS OUR PRAYERS! Of that I have no doubt!

What has been your biggest challenge this week?
Be patient. I am working on it though. 

What has been your biggest concern?
I don't have many concerns. This is he Lord's work. My life is in His hands.

What has been your biggest success?
Teaching by the Spirit. He is the true teacher, we are just the ones who relay the message. 

Who has been your favorite person this week? Why?
Seeman Shimai. She is so strong and good. We are in no way a perfect companionship, but we work well together. 

What are you looking forward to this coming week?
We have kohai (younger missionaries) coming in!!! We are going to be DAISENPAI!!!

How has your testimony grown this week?
Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I have studied and prayed and asked for myself. I have received a witness of the truth. "Jospeh Smith has done more for the world, save Jesus alone, than any other man in history." Don't know who said it but I know it is true. 

I love you all!! 
ヘス・姉妹 🇯🇵💛

No comments:

Post a Comment